Suburban Stitching

Monday, February 05, 2007

End of vacation update!


Well it is very sad to say that today is the last day of my vacation. I have really enjoyed being off and I feel good about getting back into my stitching. Friday my friends, Sherry, Whitney (Sherry's daughter), Raye and Theresa took me to Red Lobster for lunch. I had the steak and shrimp which was quite yummy. We had a new waiter "Zane" and he was but a tender age of 19 but a definate cutie. He had been on the job but a mere week and we really befuddled him! The girls spoiled me with lots of presents and it was much more than I deserved.
The photo of the pink rose is the delivery I had at work on January 25th. I was so surprised and it was wonderful. The little vase is a votive candle holder with the darling butterfly decorative cover.

I have been working on the Lizzie Kate "A Bit of February" and will work on it again today. I don't think I will have it done today but I will try. I have laundry to do and I want to bake some cupcakes for a dear friend at work whose birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday dear Mikey! A whole 25 years young you will be!

I have been trying to figure something out. Our county government tried to get us to buy a crock of horse crap to pay for a rolling roof on Arrowhead Stadium, promising that we would get a Superbowl if we would vote for and pass the proposition. Well now wait a minute, last night at the Superbowl in Miami either that was rain or their roof sprang one hell of a leak. Now I am thinking, they have no roof, they had a Superbowl. Makes one go HM-M-M-M!

It is still very cold here and my gas bill is the proof! Yicks! Let me warm my fingers up and get stitching here in the wilds of cold suburbia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home