Suburban Stitching

Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year, New Hope


Gosh, once again I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post. Life seemed to get in the way. But this year I have goals, not resolutions, I think goals sounds better in some way. Let me list some of my goals, changes in my life and attitude to help me stay positive, which is a goal, and on track to a life that is more enjoyable and productive than the last couple of years have been. I really let my husband and his problems drag me down into a depression. He is only my husband by law and I want to work towards severing this folly of a union.

I want to focus on the big picture, and pray more. I want to avoid judgemental thoughts about others and I want to work at avoiding gossiping. If I learn to focus on others and not myself I can avoid sinking back into the grips of depression. I also want to work on a personal behavior of exaggerating and I know what I mean! I want to work on budgeting my money, saving money and paying bills on time. I would really like to work on having $1000 in a savings account by year's end. I want to force myself to go to work, even when I feel like staying home. I can only call in when deathly ill. I want to start taking walks around the neighborhood with my girls. I want to really begin enjoying the hobbies I have, needlework, sewing, cooking, baking, reading and collecting recipes. I want to enjoy life again, focus on my blessings.

This blog is a letter to myself and I want to remain faithful to myself.

On today's agenda, the thrift shop for priceless treasures, laundry, making my Amish Friendship Bread...the starter is ripe. I want to beat the girls at least a half dozen times today, I am just joshing! I want to work on my Swap Block today. Pic to follow. I will enjoy the day and pray. Love, Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home