Suburban Stitching

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Well at least I am consistant in my long periods between entries!

I just finished the sweet free design from Blue Ribbon Designs. I stitched it on a natural 28 ct cashel and I like it much better than the model stitched on a lighter color called Light Cappuccino by R & R Reproductions. Mine turned out 4¼" by 3¾" in size and I did stitch it with the recommended GAST colors. I am thinking of making a small pillow out of a beautiful green taffeta fabric that I purchased at the Thrift Shop for a whooping 35¢! I would like to hem stitch the edges of the stitching and then attach it to the pillow with small appropriate buttons. Right now I can't find my hem stitching book so....

My next project that I would like to start is another free design from JanLynn's site. It is designed by Sandra Cozzolino and it is entitled "Hey Pilgram". A turkey in a Pilgram's hat is holding a fish and it says "Eat Fish". It is recommended with DMC which I bought. I just have to pick my fabric and I am ready to stitch. http://www.janlynn.com/project_of_the_month_thanksgiving.htm

The weather here is supposed to be turning colder. I think to this point we have had an unseasonably warm autumn. A very strong southwest wind has knocked most of the leaves off my maple trees in the front yard. I opened the door and could smell all the leaves and hear them rattling around in the wind like a wind chime.

So until next time I will wish you Thanksgiving Blessings! Sandra in KC

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Kajsa said…

    You are worse then me Sandra! Lovely finish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home