Suburban Stitching

Monday, September 26, 2005

My stitching essentials...

is like one of those hospital bed tables on wheels. I can drag it around the house or put it in another room if company is coming. Most of the time it just sits in the living room next to my chair. I purchased it at Office Depot several years ago and I think it is one of the best buys I ever made.

On it is a small plastic 3 drawer container. I keep needles and other such supplies in it that I don't use all the time. To stitch I must have my hand lotion, pin cushion/needle keep, my magnetic pattern holder, my tin with the floss that I am currently using, my dololly, my Stitcher's Heaven which is in the little round angel tin, Chapstick (to keep my lips kissably soft), tweezers, needle threader, a waterbased marker (no ink or permanent marker), my floss sponge in the 35mm film canister, my magnifying glasses that clip to my regular glasses and a little litter bag which is attached (unseen in photo) to the edge of the table with some inexpensive plastic vice clips.

Of course if I go anywhere with my stitching I just take the scissors, floss sponge, tweezers, Stitchers Heaven, needles and floss. They generally get thrown in a plastic zip lock bag and away I go. I have several totes and bags which I have purchased over the years but seldom do they get used.

I have a portable Ott light but I did purchase a floor Ott light second hand and it is right by my stitching chair. I love my Ott lights! Anyway this are the essential items Sandra needs to stitch! Happy stitching friends! Sandra stitching in the autumn splendor of the suburbs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home