Suburban Stitching

Monday, January 29, 2007

Off to a good start...


with the first finish of the year! This is for the block swap on my yahoo needlework group. This month's theme is hearts. The design is from The Sweetheart Tree "Kaleidoscope Hearts". Next month's theme is Irish/Celtic. I couldn't find a design that I like for the February theme so I think I will pass.

I started on the Lizzie Kate Calendar yesterday. At C.C. & Co. they didn't have any of the Cashel Light Mocha so I picked a similar color in a 28ct linen. I put a black thread down the center so I can keep all 12 months centered correctly. I had to substitute the Twilight in the January Flip Bit. I used the GAST Limited Edition Twilight which isn't as dark at the WDW Twilight and yet it blends well with the GAST Dunagree which the big "J" in January is stitched with. For the first time in a long time I really enjoyed stitching and spent most of the day yesterday stitching. I am slow stitching but it is steady.

Today I want to stitch some more and I need to get my block mailed out to Mar. It is cold outside and I just want to stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home